Cybersecurity and Risk Management Services
Logical Security Services provides cybersecurity, risk management and privacy audit and consulting services. Our services are driven by the belief that you must first understand your business before you can implement effective and efficient cybersecurity controls and processes. Whether trying to manage risk or maintain compliance with one of the many security standards (CMMC, HIPAA, FISMA, HITECH, ISO, etc.), we can assist you in every phase of this effort from strengthening your understanding of your organization to implementing controls and monitoring risk and compliance.
Where risk is the driving factor, we guide our clients through the process of identifying and implementing the right controls that directly address their areas of greatest risk. Based on your organization’s risk tolerance and availability of resources, we can help you implement the controls and processes that best meet your needs.
Where compliance is a key objective, our detailed GAP assessments can quickly identify areas of deficiency. Further, our years of audit experience enable us to better prepare you for the challenges around proving your controls and processes are in place and operating effectively. Whether needing more detailed policies and procedures or better evidence of processes being performed, we can assist you with this effort.
Cyber threats are pervasive – and the number of attacks grows daily as does their sophistication. Each year, damages from cyber-attacks top $3 trillion. Organizations of all sizes and industries are open to threats and issues, so it’s not a problem to be taken lightly. Let Logical Security Services help you with your cybersecurity and risk management goals.
At Logical Security Services, we identify and respond to threats quickly and confidently, while providing continuous insights to find critical threats faster and respond more efficiently. Contact us to learn more.
Whether addressing your own concerns around cybersecurity or trying to comply with one of the many cybersecurity or privacy laws or regulations, first and foremost, you must thoroughly understand your organization before developing and implementing a cybersecurity program. With this understanding all risk-based and/or compliance decisions can be made in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. Logical Security Services can help you obtain this understanding through our formal Discovery process.
- Organizational Understanding – Logical Security Services can perform a detailed discovery process that identifies the sensitive business processes, systems, and data within your organization. This process helps to identify the most sensitive systems, processes, and data within your organization and where compliance is a requirement.
- GAP Assessment – Using our understanding of your organization, we can perform a detailed GAP analysis of your organization’s current cybersecurity posture against one or more of the available frameworks (See compliance services below).
Logical Security Services can help you design, document, and implement your security controls, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Design – Every organization is different and not all security controls and processes are the same. Based on your organization’s business activities, size, complexity, risk and compliance needs, we can work with you to select security controls and processes that make sense for your organization.
- Document – How much documentation is the right amount? What documentation will the auditors want to see when evaluating my compliance? Logical Security Services can assist you with the complex and often time-consuming process of documenting your security controls, policies, and procedures. Further, using our 20 plus years of experience performing audits, we can help make sure you are producing and retaining appropriate evidence to show your security program is in place and operating effectively.
- Implement – The process of implementing security controls can be complex and often met with unforeseen challenges. Logical Security Services can walk through the process with you to help identify issues as they arise and develop appropriate responses.
Depending on your business and the types of data you handle; you may need to comply with one or more privacy or cybersecurity laws or regulations. Logical Security Services can help you determine where compliance is required and integrate compliance activities into your existing cybersecurity program.
- Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA)
- NIST Special Publication 800-171, Protecting Unclassified Information in Nonfederal Systems and Organizations
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH)
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) Cybersecurity Regulation (23 NYCRR Part 500)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS)
- Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST)
It’s not enough to select, design, and implement controls, you need to also periodically verify the controls you implemented are working as intended. Many key security processes including account, configuration, and vulnerability management, involve a significant amount of activity performed by individuals. Because these activities rely on human actions, they are more likely to be performed inconsistently or not at all. Audits or assessments can provide management with an understanding of their current security environment and risks. Logical Security Services has over 20 years of experience performing IT audits.
- Compliance Assessments
- Audit Readiness Assessments
- NIST 800-37, Rev 2 RMF, Security Assessment and Authorization
- FISMA and Privacy Audits
- Targeted Security Assessments
Ongoing management of your cybersecurity and risk management program is critical to maintaining awareness of your risks and compliance posture. Logical Security Services provides a variety of services aimed at maintaining a mature cybersecurity and risk management program.
- Enterprise Risk Management
- CIO/CISO Support
- Virtual CISO Services
- Continuous Monitoring
- Vulnerability / POA&M Management
- Training (Security Awareness, Risk Management, Cybersecurity)
- Audit Liaison Services